Sunday, September 8, 2019

Campfire Song Book

This Sunday, our church worshipped outside. We chose songs that were friendly for all ages. Our songs were mostly from the hymnals "Voices United" and "More Voices".

The kids at our church really like songs with actions!

(To make a complete worship service, we prayed, read a story from the Bible and played Bible games. Here are a few that we loved: https://jesusetlesenfants.blogspot.com/2019/09/fun-bible-games-for-littles.html)




Camp Song Book

Jump for Joy (Every time you hear the word "jump", you jump.)

And I’ll jump for joy, I’ll singing Hallelujah!
Jump for joy for you!
I will jump for joy, I’m singing Hallelujah.
Jump for joy for you! Jump for joy for you!

Morning has broken

Morning has broken like the first morning
Blackbird has spoken like the first bird
Praise for the singing, praise for the morning
Praise for them springing fresh from the Word

Sweet the rain's new fall, sunlit from Heaven
Like the first dew fall on the first grass
Praise for the sweetness of the wet garden
Sprung in completeness where His feet pass

Ours is the sunlight
Ours is the morning
Born of the one light Eden saw play
Praise with elation, praise ev'ry morning
God's recreation of the new day

This Little Light of Mine

This little light of mine, I’m gonna let it shine! (3x)
Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine!
Hide it under a bushel, no! I’m gonna let it shine! (3x)
Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine!

Peace Like A River
(each verse x2)

I’ve got peace like a river,
I’ve got peace like a river,
I’ve got peace like a river,
in my soul.

I’ve got joy like a fountain, 
I’ve got joy like a fountain,
I’ve got joy like a fountain 
in my soul.

I’ve got love like an ocean,
I’ve got love like an ocean,
I’ve got love like an ocean,
in my soul.

It Only Takes a Spark

It only takes a spark, to get a fire going,
and soon all those around can warm up in its glowing:
that’s how it is with God’s love, once you’ve experienced it:
you want to share with everyone, you want to pass it on.

What wondrous time is spring when all the trees are budding, the birds begin to sing,
the flowers start their blooming:
that’s how it is with God’s love, once you’ve experienced it: you want to sing, it’s fresh like spring,
you want to pass it on.

I wish for you my friend, this happiness that I’ve found, 
on God you can depend, it matters not where you’re bound; I’ll shout it from the mountaintop; 
I want my world to know: the Lord of love has come to me, I want to pass it on.

Jésus m’aime

Jésus ai-me les petits,
c’est la Bible qui le dit,
tous les enfants sont à lui,
et je sais qu’il m’aime aussi!

Oui, Jésus m’ai-me, (3x)
la Bible me le dit.

Kumbaya

Kumbaya, my Lord, Kumbaya. (3x)
O Lord, kumbaya.
Someone’s praying, Lord, Kumbaya (3x)
O Lord, kumbaya.

He’s Got the Whole World

He’s got the world world, in his hands (4x)

He’s got the little bitty baby, in his hands (3x)
He’s got the whole world in his hands.

He’s got you and me sister, in his hands,
He’s got you and me, brother, in his hands,
He’s got you and me, sister, in his hands,
He’s got the whole world in his hands.

He’s got everybody here, in his hands (3x)
He’s got the whole world in his hands!

When you walk from here

When you walk from here,
When you walk from here,
Walk with justice, Walk with mercy,
And with God’s humble care.

No comments:

Post a Comment