Monday, October 21, 2019

Book of the Week: "The Boy and the Ocean"

Title: "The Boy and the Ocean"

Author: Max Lucado

Illustrator: T. Lively Fluharty

What does it look like outside?



What does it look like inside?



What do I like about it?

I like the "wondering" tone of the book. Max Lucado answers a question asked by many children, while also encouraging children to ask more good questions.

The message of the book is very solid: God's love is "always here. It's always big. It never ends. God's love is special." This is repeated three times in the book, which helps the words to sink into your heart.

The illustrations are gorgeous!

Are there any drawbacks?

I had bought it to read during the service at church and found it a little long. (Our church has lots of littles!) It could be shortened to read at church, or would be a good length for reading at home.

The book is metaphorical and some children might not make the connections. At the same time, it is ok to read things that we will grow into! I would still highly recommend this book.

Where can it be purchased?

I found it at my local Chapters. I am sure most Christian bookstores would also have it in stock.

https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/books/the-boy-and-the-ocean/9781433539312-item.html?ikwid=the+boy+and+the+ocean&ikwsec=Home&ikwidx=0

No comments:

Post a Comment